Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Should I...

I know no one reads this.  I just like to get things out there.  It helps me figure out stuff.

So my dilemma is as follows:

I am certified in both Family Medicine and Psychiatry.  In recent years, I have focused on Psychiatry in private practice.  I have been considering adding FM to my practice.  When I am in the Bahamas, I do take on FM patients (I am registered there).  I actually really enjoy it and frankly, sometimes dealing with strictly psychiatry can be daunting, overwhelming, and difficult.  This would be a good time to do this as I have taken on a partner in my practice so I can travel a little more as my kids become older.

So, I'm not really sure.  Some of my patients have expressed that they would not mind if they could get their PCP care and Psychiatry from the same source. I have to weigh it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment