Sunday, January 8, 2017

The more I learn about people on the internet, the more I like my dog....

I always fancied myself an intellectual.  As said intellectual, I ignored the subculture of internet celebrity gossip blogs.  Thanks to my friend Liana, however, I am now more than aware of them.  In fact, I got my first threat on a celeb gossip blog just today.  Liana is so proud of me.  God, she's a bitch.

What I have noticed is that there are people who are into certain celebs.  I mean REALLY into them.  So into them that they feel compelled to threaten anyone who doesn't share their worship. I responded to one of the more vitriolic users with a comment that she certainly seemed a bit obsessed by what other users said and she responded with a threat and a comment that she hoped I didn't analyze my "patience" the way I analyzed her posts.  WTF?  I didn't analyze her posts.  It was pretty clear from the vile things she said about other people and the fact that she appeared to follow certain users from post to post to state such nasty things that she was rather personally obsessed.  And of course, I don't analyze my patience, as I have none.  I do, however, have patients. And it's not my job to analyze them. I assist them to analyze themselves.  Another one "put me in my place" by telling me to shove my opinion up my ass.  Such lovely women. And that is only a cross section of the crazy that posts on celeb gossip blogs.

So.... why are people so invested in the lives of celebrities?  Why do they care?  Anyone have any ideas?  Do they live vicariously through these posts, hoping that someday, the objects of their "affections" will contact them and thank them for their staunch defense?  I would think it more likely that they would be greeted with a restraining order if their idols ever read the crap they posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment