Sunday, April 16, 2017

Triggers

Been triggered all over the place today.  One of my patients is in a relationship similar to the one I had in college with MonsterMan.  I'm not sure if I should continue with this patient or pass her on to another therapist.  Honestly, I feel fragile and small when I hear her.  I thought I put MonsterMan in the past, but do you ever really get past the small micro aggressions that grow into larger verbal aggression, and culminate in hitting and that horrible night where a knife was held to my neck while he strangled KellyCat with his free hand?  I still have a small physical scar on my throat from that night.  But the emotional scars go so much deeper.  I have to give this serious thought.  When does the therapist walk away from a case that stirs the emotions?

No comments:

Post a Comment